This is a tangy-sweet dressing, not too thick, that works really nicely with crunchy salad leaves. Though it doesn’t have the creaminess of the bottled kind, this homemade version tastes much more special. And you can always add more mayonnaise than called for here if you prefer a thicker dressing.
This recipe makes enough for one bag of salad leaves, or 4-6 servings.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- A scant 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Tip of a knife of mayonnaise, or more to taste
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients with a whisk until blended.
Adapted from a recipe at the blog Five Heart Home.